On this page you'll find brief instructions to best prepare yourself for the conference. This page is also being updated with more detailed and up-to-date instructions.
If something remains unclear, you can always email the conference team at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Guidelines for participants
- Register for the science conference. You will receive a confirmation e-mail with a login link. The link will become active a few hours before the conference starts on the 15th of September.
- When the link becomes active, you can enter the conference platform from the link at the top of the page. Feel free to explore! The programme, speakers, posters, and vendors are all accessible at any time during the conference.
- For the full experience, and e.g. the ability to build your own schedule, download the event mobile app to your device. Instructions for activating and using the app will be available on the platform, as well as demonstrated in the conference opening.
- Recordings will be available for registered participants during (and a short time after) the conference.
- Enjoy the conference!
Guidelines for oral presenters
The submissions deadline for you final presentation slides is September 3rd, 2020. Use the button below to upload your slides.
You can check your assigned presentation time in the conference programme. Your presentation time is 15 minutes, followed by a 3 minute Q&A. There is a possibility for interacting with the audience, eg. via polls, and we encourage you to come up with questions already in advance.
Before the conference, please:
- Download and install Skype.
- Test your internet connection using eg. fast.com. Our minimum recommendation is having a 5 Mbps / 2 Mbps bandwidth.
- Test your sound and video. Prefer single-coloured clothes and try to avoid backlight.
- To book a time for a testing call before the conference, email email@example.com. It is strongly recommended that you test the system before the conference!
- You will receive a Skype invite on the day of the conference. In the invitation will be the link to a web app to control your slides. Call in around 15 minutes before the entire session wherein you are presenting. A technician will welcome you and help you get started.
Download more detailed instructions here (PDF, 1.2 MB).
Guidelines for poster presenters
The submissions deadline for the posters is September 3rd, 2020. Use the button below to upload your poster.
The poster format is PDF, maximum three pages long, with a 16:9 aspect ratio. The maximum permissible file size is 10 MB. Please consider that most attendees will be reading you poster from a screen; choose a large enough font (12 pt minimum) and prefer web-friendly colours.
Time has been put aside every day 12:30–14:00 CEST to visit posters and other exhibitors. The platform offers the option to chat with presenters, so please prepare to answer questions at least during these hours.
Download more detailed instructions here (PDF, 0.9 MB).
Guidelines for session chairs
Regarding internet connection, sound, video, and testing, please refer to the guidelines for oral presenters above (or see the detailed instructions below).
You can find your session's presentations in the conference programme. A typical session has five presentations, each 15 minutes long followed by a 3 minute Q&A.
The chair will:
- Host the session and briefly introduce the speaker before each presentation;
- read the audience comments and questions in the chat;
- choose or formulate questions to ask of the presenter after the talk; and
- facilitate discussion, if there is time left over.
Download detailed instructions here (PDF, 0.8 MB).
Guidelines for National Networks and Thematic Centres
The submissions deadline for all showcase materials is September 3rd, 2020. Please e-mail your material to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The showcase area of the conference platform takes up the lower to quadrants (ie. half) of the computer screen, and can contain the following types of content:
- A showroom picture (file formats: JPG or PNG), or...
- ...an embedded video (Youtube or Vimeo).
- A short introductory text, (100 words or less)
- External hyperlinks, which will open into a new tab or window outside the virtual conference platform.
The showroom can be previewed before the conference.
Download more detailed instructions here (PDF, 0.7 MB).
Guidelines for vendors
The submissions deadline for materials is September 3rd, 2020. Please e-mail your materials to email@example.com.
A virtual booth at the Vendor Expo takes up the lower to quadrants (ie. half) of the computer screen. It can contain any combination of the following types of content:
- You organisational logo or other picture (file formats: JPG or PNG)
- Embedded video (Youtube or Vimeo)
- A short introductory text (100 words or less)
- External hyperlinks to e.g. your own website, product site, or downloadable materials (such as brochures). Links will open into a new tab or browser window outside the virtual conference platform.
A vendor booth also contains a dedicated chat window that you can use to communicate with your visitors. The platform also has a chat function between individual participants.
Download detailed instructions here (PDF, 1 MB).