ICOS is looking for a Communications Trainee until the end of September 2023. You will be located in the Head Office in Helsinki, and report to the Head of Communications at ICOS.
Your job includes:
- Updating and creating content for the ICOS website, and for the websites of EU projects ICOS participating in
- Creating content (texts, images, social media posts) for various other channels for ICOS and the EU projects ICOS is participating in
- Updating ICOS social media channels
- Supporting in other tasks in the ICOS Head Office team.
A successful candidate has
- Fluency and preferably work experience in written and spoken English
- Systematic and organized ways of working and ability to tolerate also routine tasks
- Familiarity with using online systems; digital event platforms or document management systems, particularly on web content management systems, e.g. Wordpress and/or Drupal
- Experience and skills in producing content, such as text or pictures for websites and other channels.
- Good knowledge of Word and PowerPoint, and basic skills in image processing.
- Bachelor-level studies in Communications, Marketing, English, or some other relevant field in university or in applied university.
- Work experience in climate change -related communications
As a person, you have a positive mindset, a can-do -attitude and you feel comfortable working in English in an international environment. You are self-oriented and learn new things quickly, especially new digital tools.
We offer you
- Opportunities to grow and learn and to develop communications together with the team
- A possibility to use your skills while using your energy for a good cause
- An international ICOS team with good team spirit and colleagues supporting each other
Instructions and additional information
Location: Kumpula, Helsinki
Work extent: Full-time until the end of September.
Starting date: As agreed, preferably in late May or early June 2023.
If you recognized yourself and are interested in this position, please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 31st of May 2023 at 12.00 Finnish time.
When applying, please include a short motivation letter, CV, salary request, and preferred starting and ending dates. We may start interviews already before the application period ends.